Havfarm I/Jostein Albert
Thursday 17 the of June 2020, the fish farm “Jostein Albert” was floated off the deck of Boka Vanguard in a comprehensive operation in Hadselfjorden in Norway.
This ocean farm, owned by Nordlaks AS, is the world’s longest ocean farm 385 meter long.
It was transported from China to the northern coast of Norway and towed to it´s first location outside Hadseløya in Vesterålen where it is moored with 11 mooring lines connected to a turret with chain stoppers from Seasystems.
Semar are excited and we feel honoured to be part of this project.
Based on Semar`s long experience with marine operations, we were contracted by Seasystems AS and joined the project in the planning phase for the marine installation operation; float-off, tow and hook-up, including pull-in of power cable.
The scope of work and responsibilities are summarized:
- Planning the offshore operations.
- Participate in the vessel selection and negotiations.
- Mobilisation, preparation and equipment check
- Attending in testing to verify functionality of equipment used during operations.
- Project Management support services
- Leading and executing the offshore operations
- Tow Masters
- Offshore Manager
- Shift Supervisors
- Project Engineers
We look forward participate in coming ocean farms projects continue to use and develop our expertise in marine operations, and will express gratitude towards Nordlaks and Seasystems for giving us the opportunity to participate in this exiting project.