This privacy statement applies to the following business:
Semar AS, org. No: 829744392
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our service.
What information is collected?
This website collects the following type of information from all users.
- Information, provided voluntarily, that identifies you or can be used to identify you in conjunction with other information that we may likely hold in order to provide our service.
- Contact information such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Information preferences and user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or made anonymous. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it.
Semar will gather statistical and other analytical information on an aggregate basis. This Non-Personal Data cannot be used to identify or contact you. It includes data such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymous, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of this website.
Why does this website collect data?
Semar will use the personal and non-personal data collected on this website to gain a better understanding of where site visitors come from and to help improve the layout and content of the website.
Semar uses the following cookies:
Purpose: Web Analytics
Cookie Names: Utma, utmb, utmc, utmt, utmz
Purpose: Site Management
Cookie Names: PHPSESSID
Visit aboutcookies.org for a comprehensive guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
What do we do with your data?
Semar will use your personal data for the following purposes only:
- To process and deliver any goods or services you have ordered.
- To contact you in connection with any goods or services you have ordered.
- To respond to any inquiry or application form you submit.
- To send you marketing emails and/or text messages if you have opted into these services.
- To contact you in connection with any competitions you have entered.
- To contact you to verify that we have your correct data.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis for our processing of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only process personal data from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your personal data to perform a contract with you, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to process your personal data, or
- the processing is necessary for the performance of task carried out in the public interest; or
- the processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person
If you have any questions about how Semar processes any of your personal data or its legal bases for doing so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will only receive communication from us if
(a) we have obtained your contact details in the course of a sale of our products or services and you have not objected to receiving such communication from us, or
(b) we have obtained your contact details via phone call, email, post, web form, competition entry or social media and you have not objected to receiving such communication from us.
We will only use your contact details to send you marketing communication if you have consented to receiving marketing from us. We will only send you marketing news and offers that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us. You have the right to opt out of marketing at any time by
(a) contacting your local depot, or
(b) following the opt-out instructions as detailed in any marketing messages you receive.
We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the right to request any personal information that Semar processes about you, such as
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with data protection law; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
You may contact us directly to inform us of any changes in your personal data. We will update or delete your data in accordance with our obligations under the GDPR.
If you would like us to amend or delete data we have stored in our database, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address and contact information, and outline the information you would like to amend or delete
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Will my data be shared with any Third Parties?
Semar may provide aggregated data to other websites. For example, we might disclose the number of unique users of our site to a third party or user’s activities on
the website e.g. number of users to complete an online purchase.
These third parties may include website tracking services, commercial partners, researchers and other similar parties.
Semar may use third parties to complete processing of our services. From time to time, we will run sales and promotional campaigns in collaboration with trusted partner organisations within the broader Semar.
Where requests for disclosure of your personal data arise, Semar will only disclose your personal data where we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, summons, search warrant, court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Is my personal data secured?
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Your personal data is held on secure servers hosted by Semar, and trusted service providers used to complete processing on our behalf. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data.
Policy last updated